The village of Czadrów near Kamienna Góra in Lower Silesia is located directly on the railway to the CPK. In recent years, more and more families have found their dream place in the village. Now the houses are being demolished. Residents protest.
– I have no idea what it will be, people are being cheated, there is nothing indicated, how much they will get, what they will get, so this is some mockery in this Poland. The plot has been sought in such a place for a long time, because our place was our dream. And now everything goes, won’t be, nothing. We’ve been living here for less than two years – says Mr. Piotr Orzeł.
– Everyone hoped that the variants would apply to different locations, and not three variants over the same city and space of one hundred or two hundred meters, because that is how these variants were presented – says one of the inhabitants of Czadrów.
– One of the variants goes through our house, through our plot. There will be traces where we stand. We moved in two years ago because my wife and I decided to go abroad to earn our home, settle here, start a family. A year ago we learned that the whole, wonderful plan of our lives to grow old and start a family will be wasted by some railway – says Mr. Mirosław Czepielewicz.
They take the property under the CPK. “They represent 30-40 percent values.”
The residents cite various arguments against the investment in the variants proposed by the CPK. In their opinion, no solution is good, because people lose everything.
– Between the two towns – Czadrów and Przedwojów under Góra Wołek – there is an underground water inlet. No one can guarantee that underground works, i.e. tunneling, will not lead to uncontrolled escape or complete water withdrawal in our municipality – says Patryk Straus, the head of Kamienna Góra gymnasium.
– The first thing we heard was that we shouldn’t count on huge compensation because the railways can’t afford them. When asked about possible lawsuits, when we appoint our experts, we heard an arrogant answer: How many such cases have you won against the railroad? – tells one of the inhabitants of Czadrów.
Mayor Patryk Straus points out alternative routes proposed by the municipality, avoiding houses.
– One of the variants runs along the S3 route – I don’t expect a collision with residential buildings – adds the mayor.
They have to move. They don’t know when they will get their compensation
The plan of high-speed lines leads through Kamienna Góra to the border with the Czech Republic, along this route is also the village of Przedwojów. Here too, the tracks must run through the middle of the houses. And here the residents say “no”. And they point to better solutions.
– The railway still exists, but our trains don’t run on it. There is a line outside the village, the valley, where you don’t have to dig or build tunnels. The area for the railroad was perfectly chosen 100 or 150 years ago. Only nobody was here. When I asked a simple question during the meeting: “tell me if you were there”, it was silent – says one of the residents of Przedwojów.
– We examined the variant of using the existing infrastructure. The problem with this is that the existing infrastructure does not have high-speed parameters. For example, there is such an important parameter as the arc geometry – explains Konrad Majszyk from the company CPK.
The decision whether the Czechs will build railways is to be made by 2048.
– The application for an environmental decision, design and construction concerns the first phase of the section from Wrocław to Kamienna Góra. Czadrów is ahead of Kamienna Góra in this episode, while Przedwojów is behind. It makes no sense to pull the railway to the border if the Czechs are still waiting with their investment there – adds Konrad Majszyk of the CPK.
He saved the life of a drowning man. He could go to jail
The residents of Przedwojów will have peace of mind for the next 25 years. The last meeting with the representatives of the CPK is for the inhabitants of Czadrów. Their fate will be decided in the autumn. Then they learn the last variant of the high-speed rail.
– Around the September and October turn, we will show the investor variant, which we believe is the best we want to implement. When applying for an environmental decision, we submit it to the Regional Directorate for Environmental Care, after which the RDEP decides whether our advice is correct or whether this option will be implemented. Then the residents still have the opportunity to submit their comments – says Konrad Majszyk.
– We lose our lives, all our possessions, many years of our work, hard work, building, investments and in fact someone will come and take it from us, and what’s worse, we don’t know for how much. There is a lot of talk in Poland about very low amounts when it comes to expropriation. The amount paid after expropriation – not before. For us it is absurd, typical and political, that human life does not care – says one of the inhabitants of Czadrów.
* material abbreviation