- In mid-May 2022, the team officially entered the “small” fair. Since then, the company with a value of almost 320 million PLN has shrunk by almost half
- The future is at stake by Friz . announced split of the YouTube team
- “Success in five minutes usually takes the same amount of time,” says one stock analyst. Another doesn’t rule out the Crew stock market may rise, but that takes a new engine
- Experts say that for stock investors, the problem is the relatively high theoretical valuation of the team’s business compared to the profit it generates
- More such information can be found on the main page of Onet.pl
At one point, the Friz team took over Polish YouTube and the young generation. Karol “Friz” Wiśniewski himself is watched by more than 4.6 million viewers and his internet project has grown into a much larger business puzzle, which includes collaborations with the ice cream maker, games and the stock exchange.
At the end of November 2020, the first announcements of the Crew’s IPO appeared. Since then, serious people who wanted to earn money from stocks, for example, joined the kids who adored internet idols. He was the culmination of several months of speculation debut on the NewConnect stock exchange (this is the second class on the stock exchange, the base of the main market of the Warsaw Stock Exchange).
It is worth recalling that it happened in a rather unusual way. The show team entered through the back door. It happened through a merger with a small company called Beskidzkie Biuro Inwestycyjne, which had been on the NewConnect exchange for years and had never made a splash on it before. In mid-May 2022, after the merger, it changed its name and since then it officially operates as Holding Team.
Team shares and Friz’s estate down
The first three months have clearly verified the crazy valuations of the team’s activities. After the rises, which caused the market value to rise above PLN 300 million, almost every following week brings price falls. At the beginning of August, the company’s capitalization was almost half down – it fell to about PLN 170 million at one point.
This downward trend is reflected in the reports that the team’s YouTube project has collapsed, which are troubling from the investor’s point of view. Friz himself reports this on social media.
As a result of the fall in share prices on the stock exchange, the net worth of Friz, which holds the most shares in the company (more than 41%), has decreased significantly. Their market value can be estimated at almost 75 million PLN. This is a huge amount, but compared to May, about 57 million PLN evaporated from his brokerage account.
It is worth noting that after the Crew goes public, anyone can formally become a co-owner of this company. It is enough to buy one share via the exchange, which currently costs about PLN 4.5. It’s not much more expensive than Crew’s ice cream sold in popular supermarket chains.
Listing of Ekipa Holding shares
However, the fundamental question arises: is it better to buy ice or Crew shares? Stock analysts asked by Business Insider Polska approach such an investment with a distance, especially for amateur investors who know the works of Friz and his friends better than the laws governing the stock market. And these are inexorable.
Stock market analysts about the team
– The team was a project mainly aimed at investors of the young generation, who were also the largest group of recipients of the content created by the members of the group. Serious institutional investors are primarily interested in the liquidity of equities and the fundamental long-term justification of the investment made. In this case it seems that both are missing – comments Maciej Kietliński, analyst of the XTB brokerage.
He points out that the team’s minimal turnover and significant declines in stock prices reflect current sentiment toward the company. To say the least, it’s not the best.
– As is often the case with NewConnect companies, the old saying is that success in five minutes usually takes the same – emphasizes the XTB expert.
The rest of the article is below the video
– The turnover is really symbolic. However, I would like to point out that the price found support at the level of the highs of a few years ago – adds Łukasz Wardyn, CMC Markets expert.
He admits it was a very different occupation back then, but for many speculators it may not matter at all. It cannot therefore be ruled out that the Crew’s quotations on the stock exchange will rise.
– However, I recommend caution to inexperienced speculators, due to the still very high valuation – reserves.
Is the team ready for the fair?
The team is the first project of this type at the fair in Poland, which is still highly valued. Earlier there were even plans to introduce the company on the ground floor of the WSE. However, experts doubt it can be successful.
– Moving to the main trading floor often improves the image of potential investors, including institutional investors. This is usually a move that helps stock prices. Usually, the decision to move to a larger trading floor is preceded by a price stabilization at relatively high levels or a significant increase. It’s hard to talk about such a phenomenon here – points to Lukasz Wardyn.
However, it does not take away the raison d’être of these types of companies on NewConnect. For example, he believes that the mere fact that a company is targeting a younger audience is not a barrier to attracting investors. estimate that The problem for the stock price is the relatively high valuation of the company compared to the profit it generates.
The company achieved PLN 54.89 million in sales revenue in 2021, which translated into PLN 12.13 million in operating profit and PLN 9.56 million net profit.
– With this type of valuation, investors need a constant flow of good impulses and regular dynamic improvement of certain business parameters. It doesn’t have to be profit or even growing sales. All it takes is a very rapid increase in subscribers or views and increase user engagement – explains the CMC Markets expert.
The only question is, will anything be able to replace it after the Crew breakup on YouTube? However, investors bought shares in anticipation of the potential success of the influencer group’s projects in light of the team’s breakup, the future of the company and its business projects is under serious questioning – says Maciej Kietliński, XTB expert.
The crew is silent
Friz has surprised many times with good business ideas. You can see that he knows his business. The company Ekipa Holding itself issued a statement on 20 July in which it indicates that the investment activities are being intensified. However, there was no specificity.
We turned to the company’s representatives with questions about investment plans and new projects. We haven’t received an answer for days. A similar fate befell questions about falling stock prices and plans for stock market expansion.
Damian Słomski, journalist at Business Insider Polska