Although for most of us summer is associated with holidays, sun, travel and adventures, a large group of people spend this free time on driver training. Autostrada Wielkopolska meets them and starts a new, this time extended, edition of the Motorway Driving Course program, which educates and has a real impact on road safety. This summer, the Motorway Driving Course has partnered with Radio ESKA, which will add a touch of entertainment flair to the whole project. We fasten our seat belts!
What is this all about?
Currently, learning to drive on sections of the highway or on highways in Poland is not a compulsory part of driver training, and many drivers take on this challenge on their own, only during the first drive behind the wheel of a car. The highway driving course allows you to practice maneuvers typical of these types of roads, as well as gain experience and confidence – all done under the watchful eye of a professional instructor who is always ready to advise and help.
After the success of the first edition, The Motorway Driving Course returns with a refreshed, expanded formula. The program includes not only students preparing for the driving test, but also students interested in additional classes and drivers who already have a driver’s license, who want to improve their skills and take advantage of extra driving on the highway.
– Encouraged by the success of last year’s edition, we are expanding the capabilities of the Motorway Driving Course in 2022. We see great interest in highway improvement courses among people who already hold a driver’s license and among students who want to take advantage of extra driving hours under the guidance of an instructor. Hence the decision to expand the scope of the program, giving drivers confidence and efficiency when navigating Polish and European highways and expressways – says Krzysztof Andrzejewski, member of the board of directors of Autostrada Wielkopolska.
Who asks not lost
This year the program can be used in three ways:
- As an intern preparing for the driving test – in this variant, Autostrada Wielkopolska cooperates with the best driver training centers from the Wielkopolskie and Lubuskie Voivodeships, who drive on the highway within 4 hours during the driver training course outside built-up areas. It suffices to check whether the OSK where we want to follow the driver training course cooperates with Autostrada Wielkopolska. If not, he can be encouraged. The list of OSKs implementing the Motorway Driving Course is available on the program’s website.
- As a student who already has a driver’s license, but for various reasons, he would also like to benefit from driving on the highway with an OSK instructor.
- As a driver who wants to check his driving technique on the highway under the supervision of a coach or who wants to prepare to drive on this type of road.
In the latter two cases, you must register for a ride at the Driver Training Center or Driving Technique Improvement Center selected on the program website. Available dates are visible in a specially prepared calendar. The implementation of additional training as part of the Motorway Driving Course program is free to participants.
In July, the Motorway Driving Course sponsors Radio ESKA – ESKA Summer City’s summer campaign, which returns to Poland’s largest cities after a two-year absence. The logo of the course will appear on the doors of the coats of arms of cars that will travel around the country in search of summer adventures, and during the trips, participants will receive vouchers inviting them to participate in the program. Radio broadcasts are accompanied by sponsorship indications. This kind of collaboration will encourage more people, especially young people, to improve their highway driving skills, and that’s what matters.
What is it about?
Highway driving includes all aspects of highway and highway driving – from correctly entering traffic, changing lanes, correctly signaling maneuvers to the rules for the use of toll points and service areas. As a result, students make safer decisions behind the wheel, perform all maneuvers more smoothly and reliably and feel the differences between speeds during different maneuvers.
The ambassador of the program is Tomek Czopik, promoter safe driving, trainer, sports driver, who also teaches safe driving.
– Actions that promote responsible driver behavior and motivate them to be more careful behind the wheel are extremely important. I’ve been giving this kind of training for years and I’m happy that a program like the Motorway Driving Course has emerged. I know from experience that the most effective learning of correct driving and use of correct maneuvers and driving dynamics takes place under the supervision of an experienced instructor. This, combined with thorough theoretical preparation and maximum concentration on the road, increases road safety for the driver, his passengers and other road users. – says Tomek Czopik, ambassador of the Motorway training program.
More information can be found >> HERE <<.