There are a number of interesting attractions prepared for both adults and children who spend their holidays in our city! A lot will happen in Żory during the two summer months.
Check out the list of the most interesting attractions for a holiday in Żory that we have compiled!
The Municipal Cultural Center invites you to free screenings under the stars. This year’s summer cinema traditionally takes place at “Zielony Jar” in ul. Boryńska.
July 15 (Friday)
- 20:30 URWIS – a fairy tale for children
- 22:00 PRESENCE 3: IN ORDER OF THE DEVIL
16th of July (Saturday)
- 20:30 IN 80 DAYS AROUND THE WORLD
- 22:00 NOTHING SOUP
- 23:30 INCIDENTAL
July 17 (Sunday)
- 20:30 GANG OF PETS – a fairy tale for children
- 22:00 END OF THE WORLD OR BULLET POSSIBLE 4
Żorski Dom Kultury organizes physical activities in summer, including aerobics, yoga and zumba.
- Aerobics – prov. Kamila Hus – Wyrobek, Monday and Wednesday at 7:00 PM
- Yoga – prov. Agnieszka Bacińska-Paszek, Wednesday at 6:00 pm
- zumba – prov. Joanna Dziedzic, Wednesday at 7pm, from July 13th
Family beekeeping workshops
Beekeeping workshops are held in Miejska Pasieka Bee Bee. On Saturday 9 July there will be a workshop entitled “Treasures of the beehive”, and on Saturday 6 August “Hardworking as a bee. What do bees give us?”.
Ticket price: adults – PLN 20, children – PLN 17. The workshop is taught by Ewa Kolarczyk
Register by phone: 32 43 42 436 ext. 17, 14.
The “Summer Action” will be held at the Artistic Action Studio in Żory, preparing unique workshops for the youngest.
9 and July 23 – Ceramic workshops on Saturdays
- in hours 9:30-10:30 and 10:30-11:30 – for children from 8 years and younger children with parents.
July 11-15 – “Under the magnifying glass of the imagination” – ceramics workshops inspired by nature
- in hours 10:00-11:00 – for children and young people of clubs and clubs in Żory.
11-15 and July 19-22 – “Under the magnifying glass of the imagination” – ceramics workshops inspired by nature
- in hours 11:00-12:00 and 12:00-13:00 – for children from 8 years and younger children with parents.
July 19-21 – “Travel around the world”
- prov. A Czerner-Lebedew and SDA,
- in hours 10:00-11:00 – for children and young people of clubs and clubs in Żory.
16-19 and August 22-26 – “Batik vertigo” – batik workshops inspired by nature
- in hours 10:00-11:00 for children and young people of clubs and community centers in Żory,
- in hours 11:00-12:00 and 12:00-13:00 for children from 8 years and younger children with parents.
Registration under the number: +48 (32) 434 24 36 ext. 28. The number of places is limited. The ticket costs PLN 12.
The Municipal Public Library in Żory invites you to “Holidays in the Library”, free creative, physical and educational activities for children, young people and adults.
July 26-29 † Integration games, puzzles, film screening, games, art games, sensory games (between 1 pm and 3 pm – 7-10 years, registration).
- Traffic zone
- nature zone
- relaxation zone
- zone behind the wheel
- Tuesday from 13:00-15:00 – Good Tuesday – board games, xbox tournaments, puzzle solving
- Wednesday from 13:00-15:00 – 3D Modeling – secrets of creating 3D projects, lessons taught in Makerspace
- Thursday from 13:00-15:00 – Do it yourself – DIY decorations, jewelry, home cosmetics and simple sweets (12+, RECORDS)
Volunteers from ex
- we have fun – on Monday and Friday from 14:00-16:00 and Tuesday-Thursday from 13:00-19:00 (7+)
- English for children – on Monday and Friday from 11:00-13:00 (9+)
- we read poetry – on Mondays from 11:00-13:00 (14+)
- fitness – from Tuesday to Thursday from 18:00-19:00 (14+)
- we write poetry – on friday from 14:00-16:00 (14+)
Ukulele all over again
- 12 and July 26 and 9 and August 23 in hours 17:00-18:30 – adults (Multimedia)
- July 18-22 in hours 11:30-12:30 – young – 13-17 (Youth Zone)
- July 18-22 in hours 10:00-11:00 – children – 7-13 years (Children Zone)
You must bring your own instrument, for people who do not have it it is possible to borrow it, but you must report this when registering.
July 14 in hours from 15:00 to 19:00
Are you bored with the clothes in your wardrobe? Do you want to exchange them for others? If YES, take them to the Youth Zone library before July 14, exchange them for points, and pick and pick out new clothes for yourself on July 14 from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM. The more you take, the more you take. Only clean and undamaged summer clothes will be accepted.
Each garment is a certain number of points:
- T-shirts, dresses, skirts, pants – 1 point
- Jackets, boots – 2 points
- Branded leather clothing – 3 points
- by telephone: (32) 43 44 584, 43 43 197 ext. twenty
- by email: email@example.com
- personally at the Information Reception
During this year’s summer vacation, the Stedelijk Museum is organizing a series of activities for children under the title “Holiday in the Museum”.
July 20 Bee. 11.00 – Greetings from Żory
How old is the post office? What did old postcards from Żory look like? Where was the post office in our town? How has the postman profession changed? Why do we put stamps on the right? What is a stamp and how do you get to know the world through stamps?
- Edit simple greetings
- Postman’s job
- Stamp design
July 27 Bee. 11.00 – Greetings from Khartoum
The figure of Kazik Nowak, who traveled through Africa and through Africa, is astonishing and still arouses great admiration. After the uncool traveler, there was much correspondence that he sent along the route of his journey. Thanks to this we will discover Africa, seen with eyes full of wonder.
- Traveling in the past
- Nature and culture of Africa
- How to describe the unknown?
3 August Bee. 11.00 – Greetings from Mount Fuji
Love for nature is reflected in Japanese postcards. They are full of beautiful vegetation, animals and the mountains of Mount Fuji. How about a fan-shaped postcard? Necessary with a cup of Japanese tea.
- Japanese culture
- Examples of Asian script
- The tradition of brewing tea
10 August Bee. 11.00 – Greetings from Machu Picchu
We’re going to help the Peruvian archaeologist send a postcard from the sunny city. We will also help describe and catalog the dishes found. A lot of work, but the vast cornfields ensure that you will not go hungry.
- The work of an archaeologist
- Inca knot writing
- Quechua / modern use of corn
August 17 Bee. 11.00 – Greetings from Uluru
Can you make a map with only dots and dashes? (and it’s not morse coded information at all). We will discover the relaxing function of art, this time provided by the former Australian residents. Good idea in case we manage to make it rain…
- Traditional Culture and Art of the Australian People
- Australian nature
- Intuitive musical instruments
The lessons last approximately 1.5 hours. Entrance fee PLN 10 (guardians do not pay). Reservations by telephone are necessary on tel. 32 43 43 714 (extension 201).
The Municipal Cultural Center, in collaboration with the Żory Cultural Society Kontrapunkt, invites the youngest inhabitants of the city to participate in the latest science promotion package specially prepared by the employees of the Silesian University of Technology.
Summer Brainstorm – Scientific Saturdays at the Fire Museum!
Young adepts of science can take part in real lectures, see science experiments with their own eyes, and even befriend robotic animals. Some of the planned activities are tried and true ideas used in the existing Children’s University program. Participants in the “Summer Brain Storm” will gain knowledge through play and in exchange for cooperation we will share our experiences and use our own programs and ideas. The employees of the Technical University ensure that the robots are completely safe and in full control.
June 11 Bee. 12:00 – Science games with fire
- Teacher: Dr. Engineer Marcelina Jureczko
- What makes something burn? Is it possible to keep a flame under water? Is the fire always the same color? What if I tell you it can be all the colors of the rainbow? So many questions, but I promise there will be even more intriguing answers! Not only will you learn a lot of amazing information about fire, but you will also conduct fascinating physical and chemical experiments! This time a warning not to play with fire – does not apply!
June 18 Bee. 10:00 – Galaxies, moons and planets – the cosmos at your fingertips?
- Teacher: dr inż. Aleksandra Mierzejewska
- What are the constellations? Do we all see the same whistles? Why does the moon change its appearance? A representative of the Silesian University of Technology will answer these and other questions related to the galaxy.
The event is aimed at children and young people from 6 to 12 years old. Introduction free† The shows and workshops will take place in the building of the Fire Museum in Żory, located in Żory at ul. Katowicka 3.
The “Summer Brain Storm” project was carried out with the funds of the Żory City Commune.
The “Summer with Rebus 2022 Club” campaign will take place from July 18 to August 26. Classes take place Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- going to the cinema in the old town,
- exits to the Artistic Activities Studio,
- playing with the Regional Education Center,
- visits to the Stedelijk Museum,
- exits to the Aquarion in Żory,
- talent shows,
- art lessons,
- The world of passion – meeting interesting people,
- “Be a tourist in your city” walks,
- “All of Poland reads …”,
- songs, poems, table games,
- music, arts, skills and sports competitions,
- living word theatre,
- a trip to Chlebowa Chata and the Gotartowice Aeroclub.
Parents are asked to give written permission for their children to participate in the activities. Children must bring changeable shoes, lunch and drinks.
The cinema in the Old Town organizes special summer shows for children at promotional prices.
- July 5 – Monstrous Family 2
- July 7 – Wiki and its secret
- July 12 – Santa’s Treasure
- July 14 – It’s not a robbery
- July 19 – Premiere: Non-Deaf
- 21 July – Too big for fairy tales
- July 26 – Misiek the team on vacation
- July 28 – Raya and the last dragon
The screenings take place at 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM. The ticket costs PLN 8, except for the premiere of “Niezgaszalnia” – PLN 10.