This year’s Congress is a bold look at the perspectives for Poland and Europe, going back to the roots, in the context of the war in Ukraine and sudden changes in the world. Issues related, inter alia, to the Three Seas Initiative, Russia, Central Europe, new technologies and EU issues will be discussed.
Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki argued that we are at one of the greatest twists and turns in history since the end of World War II. At the opening of the Poland Wielki Projekt Congress, the Prime Minister spoke about the common history of Poland and Ukraine. He stressed that the major mistake of the Polish elite, which led to the collapse of the common Republic of Poland, was the misunderstanding of the multinational complexity of the state.
– In the future, we will divide our time in the period before and after the outbreak of the war in Ukraine – Grzegorz Górny, chairman of the Polska Wielki Projekt Foundation, says on Polish Radio 1. – As Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki said, decided on our future on the Ukrainian fronts and he said that in this war we see the great determination of Ukraine, but we also see the determination of Russia. (…) After the premiere, the panel was attended by guests from France and Germany, but unfortunately they regretted that they did not see Berlin or Paris as determined as they would like, he emphasizes.
Full speech ▶ https://t.co/urVOTnWHvr pic.twitter.com/wsVkcZdYgk
– Chancellery of the Prime Minister (@PremierRP) June 10, 2022
“Special Interest Groups”
According to guest Jedynka, special interest groups will be formed in NATO. – What is happening now in Bucharest, ie the meeting of the Bucharest Nine (B9) is an example of this – he admits. – These are the countries on NATO’s eastern flank that perceive the threat to their security in a similar way, so they are more determined to defend against Russia, and they will certainly put pressure on other countries – he estimates.
– We have the support of the United States and Great Britain, who are well aware of the threat posed by Moscow, so I think we can achieve more together within NATO, because it is an international alliance that guarantees safety to the greatest extent today – continues Grzegorz Górny.
The broadcast also includes:
– In the Romanian capital, the Bucharest Nine Summit (B9) with the participation of President Andrzej Duda. Due to illness, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg only took part in the summit remotely. The main topic of the leaders’ meeting was the Russian invasion of Ukraine. More in the material of Karol Darmoros.
– The Ukrainian government will do everything it can to free all defenders of Ukraine, including foreigners sentenced to death by the so-called Donetsk People’s Republic (DRL), said the spokesman of the Kiev Foreign Ministry, Oleh Nikolenko. He stressed that all foreigners fighting in Ukraine in the ranks of Ukraine’s armed forces are Ukrainian military. Correspondence of Paweł Buszko from Kiev.
– A draft law on the repeal of the decree of the Council of States of the USSR “on the recognition of the independence of the Republic of Lithuania” has been submitted to the State Duma. The draft was brought to the State Duma by Yevgeny Fedorov, a deputy from the ruling United Russia. In the statement of reasons, he stated that the decree recognizing Lithuania’s independence was illegal “because it was adopted by an unconstitutional body and constituted a violation of the USSR’s constitution”. Decision of the Council of States of the USSR No. GS-1 “on the recognition of the independence of the Republic of Lithuania” was adopted in 1991 at a meeting of the Council of States of the USSR chaired by Mikhail Gorbachev, the then president of the USSR. Fedorov not only disputes the decree itself, but also points out that in Lithuania “there was no referendum on secession from the USSR and no transitional period was established to settle the disputes”. The guest of the program was Mariusz Antonowicz, a political scientist from Vilnius University.
Program title: more world
He directed: Micha Strzakowski
Guests: Grzegorz Górny (Chairman of the Polska Wielki Projekt Foundation), Mariusz Antonowicz (Political Scientist from Vilnius University)
Release date: 10/06/2022
Time of broadcast: 17.32
IAR / answer
News in Ukrainian