– This is a large, very ambitious project – said Marcin Jabłoński, member of the board of directors of Lubuskie Voivodeship, congratulating the local government officials of Szprotawa on the courageous undertaking.
Two-wheeler enthusiasts have reasons to be happy. The long-awaited bicycle path (Szprotawa-Kartowice-Witków-Siecieborzyce-Stypułów) will be built in the municipality of Szprotawa, which will connect to the existing bicycle path (Stypułów – Kożuchów – Ciepielów – Nowa Sól – Otybię – Lipiny – – Kolocsko) – Sławinko of an integrated system of cycle routes in Lubuskie Voivodeship.
The bike path follows the route of the former Szprotawa Railway.
The ambitious VELO SPROTAVIA project
On Monday, June 6, 2022 member of the board of directors of Lubuskie Voivodeship Marcin Jabłoński signed an agreement with the authorities of Szprotawa for the co-financing of the project “Development of cycling infrastructure in Lubuskie Voivodeship in Szprotawa Municipality – VELO SPROTAVIA” from the Regional Operational Programme.
Bicycle path 15.67 km longwith bicycle service areas and a bicycle shed – being built behind more than PLN 8.5 million with co-financing from the ROP amounting to more than PLN 6.8 million.
200 km of trails have already been built and more are coming
– It is a large, very ambitious and daring project. I hope its implementation will be a great success – said Marcin Jabłoński. – We have implemented such projects in the voivodeship of several tens for a hundred and several tens of million zlotys. Instead, about 200 kilometers of trails were built. Unfortunately, this is way below our expectations, especially cyclists who are probably looking our way with great hopes, wanting to hear what projects we are going to carry out.
And here Marcin Jabłoński, a board member of Lubuskie Voivodeship, added that just before his arrival in Szprotawa, he met with the directors of the Road Administration Voivodeship and the Director of the Infrastructure and Communications Department of the Marshal’s Office of Lubuskie Voivodeship. – We talked about the competition, which is being considered, and it concerns the development of projects for the construction of bicycle paths – said Marcin Jabłoński. – There are several dozen projects under this competition, the amount of which is approximately PLN 5 million.
– These will all be projects that I hope can be partially implemented with money from the future EU budget. We also count on support from other funds. Perhaps it will finally become true that the National Reconstruction Plan will appear in Poland and that the money will go to the Voivodeship, and that we will be able to take environmental protection measures from some of them, because with it is connected the construction of bicycle paths – emphasizes Marcin Jabłoński. – This includes reducing emissions of greenhouse gases and exhaust gases.
Szprotawa: ecological, healthy and friendly
– We here, together with our employees, local government officials, had a dream that Szprotawa would become ecological, healthy and friendly. Signing the contract today is a big step in this direction – he said: Mayor of Szprotawa Mirosław Gąsik† – The construction of bicycle paths promotes an active, healthy lifestyle. We have the ambition to connect the agglomerations of Zielona Góra and Nowosol with Lower Silesia. And it’s exactly more than half of this route that we can build as part of this project. I want to thank the board of Lubuskie Voivodeship, as well as the whole Sejmik of Lubuskie Voivodeship, that you can see these needs, this modern trend towards ecology and modern lifestyle.
– Consent builds up! – He said the star of Żagań, Henryk Janowicz, recalling that they are from Szprotawa with Marcin Jabłoński and Mirosław Gąsik. – See how to talk at the local government level: municipality – poviat – voivodship and show good examples and support each other.
About the project: “Development of cycling infrastructure in Lubuskie Voivodeship in Szprotawa Municipality – VELO SPROTAVIA”
Beneficiary: Municipality of Szprotawa
Program: Regional Operational Program – Lubuskie 2020
Sub-measure: 3.3.1 Reducing low emissions in cities – projects executed outside the ITI formula
Total Expenses: PLN 8 583 459.68
Eligible Expenses: PLN 8 583 459.68
Co-financing value: PLN 6,855,000.00
Project description: The subject of the project is the construction of a Szprotawa-Kartowice-Witków-Siecieborzyce-Stypułów cycle path, which will act as a transport corridor, which will be an alternative to other means of transport. The project includes the following parts of the works: design documentation, preparatory works, earthworks, drainage and external facilities, foundations, surfaces, finishing works, road safety facilities, street elements, bridge works, Cyclist Service Zones and a bicycle shed. A Functional and Utility Program has been drawn up for the investment. The main target audience is the residents of the Szprotawa Commune, investors and entrepreneurs. The main tasks of the project include: design documentation, construction and assembly work related to the construction of a bicycle path from Szprotawa to Stypułów, investor supervision and project promotion.
The main goal of the project: reduction of low emissions of pollutants from the transport sector through the development of cycling infrastructure in the municipality of Szprotawa.
Detailed objectives: development of infrastructure for cyclists, improvement of the quality and operation of the transport system offer in the municipality of Szprotawa, increasing the safety of cyclists on public roads in the municipality of Szprotawa. As a result of the project implementation, the following indicators will be achieved: estimated annual reduction in greenhouse gas emissions (CI 34) – 32.34 tons of CO2-eq / year, length of supported cycling infrastructure – 15.67 km, number of facilities adapted to the needs of people with disabilities – 1 The path constructed as a result of the project will connect to the existing bike path of Stypułów-Kożuchów-Ciepielów-Nowa Sól-Otyń-Lipiny-Lubięcin-Konotop-Kolsko-Sławocin, creating an integrated system of bike paths in Lubuskie Voivodeship. Residents will have access to zero-emission transport infrastructure with very low operating costs. The project will contribute to the development of a low-emission economy and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions into the atmosphere, improving the quality of life of the inhabitants.