Kacper Woryna won the semifinals of Canal + Online IMP in Gdansk. The games were played at a fast pace, as after the rain, people ran away from the next clouds.
WP SportoweFakty / Patryk Kowalski / In the photo: Kacper Woryna
This season, the Polish Individual Championships will be played under the new format. Instead of the one-day final, there will be three finals and on Wednesday it was announced that the first will be played in Grudziądz. After playing four rounds of qualifying, sixteen contestants took part in the only semi-final, the first eight of which would be co-opted against eight IMP Series nominated snail riders.
The tournament was noisy before the start as the full name – Porter Domofony.pl Challenge The Canal + Online semifinal of the Polish individual speedway championship Zbigniew Podlecki’s Memorial was a bit quirky. A downpour fell over the track an hour before the scheduled first race and the road surface was not looking good at the moment, but thanks to the good work of the organisers, the water was quickly cleared from the track.
The times of the first races and the riding style of the riders didn’t look good, but later the riders accelerated considerably and the runs sometimes even ended 3 seconds better than at the start. Conditions started to favor the battle and the surface made by the rain fared well. The match referee, Remigiusz Substyk, did not give any track comparisons in the 16th moto.
SEE VIDEO They rule the speedway from the back seat? Preference for some players and an arms race
After three series, the players of Zielony-energia.com Włókniarz Częstochowa were the brightest points of the competition in Gdańsk. Kacper Woryna and Bartosz Smektała, who won all races. Tobiasz Musielak also presented very favourably. All three faced each other in the 14th race. In it, Bartosz Smektała, after falling to 4th place in the first corner, was introduced to the gang a few tens of meters later. In the repeat, Woryna won with confidence and signed for a good result throughout the cycle.
After a while, Piotr Pawlicki fell painfully, who, after being ruled out, lost both his chances, points in the fourth series and all chances to advance to the final. This is the biggest negative surprise of the game in Gdańsk. The Pawlicki family in the battle for the Polish Individual Championship is represented by his brother Przemysław.
After four runs, eleven more players had a chance of promotion – especially the six players in places 6-11 had something to fight for. In his run, Woryna unexpectedly came in last place, but that didn’t stop him from celebrating his win in the one-wheel tournament. In the race with Woryna, Krzysztof Buczkowski put on a great battle on the track, passing two rivals on the route, but only had to fight for the first reserve position in the extra race. In it, however, he lost to Mateusz Cierniak.
1. Kacper Woryna (green-energia.com Włókniarz Częstochowa) – 12 (3,3,3,3,0)
2. Bartosz Smektała (green-energia.com Włókniarz Częstochowa) – 11 (3,3,3, in, 2)
3. Przemyslaw Pawlicki (ZOOleszcz GKM Grudziądz) – 11 (2,2,1,3,3)
4. Krzysztof Kasprzak (ZOOleszcz GKM Grudziądz) – 11 (1,2,3,2,3)
5. Tobiasz Musielak (Cellfast Wilki Krosno) – 10 (3,1,3,1,2)
6. Jaroslaw Hampel (Engine Lublin) – 9 (1,3,0,2,3)
7. Jakub Jamróg (Zdunek Wybrzeże Gdansk) – 9 (1,3,1,3,1)
8. Grzegorz Zengota (ROW Rybnik) – 9 (0.2,2,3,2)
9. Mateusz Cierniak (Engine Lublin) – 8 + 3 (2.1,2,0.3)
10. Krzysztof Buczkowski (Stelmet Falubaz Zielona Góra) – 8 + 2 (2.0,2,2,2)
11. Mateusz Szczepaniak (Cellfast Wilki Krosno) – 6 (2,0,1,2,1)
12. Rafał Karczmarz (Cellfast Wilki Krosno) – 4 (3.1,0.0, d)
13. Marcin Nowak (Eagle Lodz) – 4 (0.2,0,1.1)
14. Piotr Pawlicki (Fogo Unia Leszno) – 4 (1, t, 2, w, 1)
15. Ernest Koza (Aforti Start Gniezno) – 3 (0,1,1,1,0)
16. Gleb Czugunow (Betard Sparta Wroclaw) – 0 (d, 0, b, d, 0)
17. Wiktor Jasiński (My Bermuda Stal Gorzów) – 0 (0)
18. Mateusz Tonder (Stelmet Falubaz Zielona Góra) – 0 (0)
Run after run:
1. (66, 28) Karczmarz, Szczepaniak, Hampel, Koza
2. (67, 11) Smektała, Buczkowski, Pi, Pawlicki and Zengota
3. (66.50) Musielak, Priest Pawlicki, Kasprzak, Nowak
4. (65.03) Voryna, Cierniak, Jamrog, Chugunov (d4)
5. (64.75) Woryna, Nowak, Koza, Jasinski, Pi, Pawlicki
report an errorWP SportoweFakty
Zbigniew Podlecki Stadium in Gdańsk Gdańsk IMP Speedway Poland Przemysław Pawlicki Krzysztof Buczkowski Tobiasz Musielak Kacper Woryna Piotr Pawlicki Bartosz Smektała Mateusz Cierniak