In an interview with Interia, the selector does not hide how many players he will call up for the June battle with Wales, twice with Belgium and the Netherlands.
– I already have the skeleton of the June squad in my head, but very extensive. I intend to appoint a staff as broad as in March, ie about 30 players – Czesław Michniewicz told us.
– We still have four games to play, it’s the end of the season, some players are coming back from injuries. I don’t know what Kamil Glik looks like. He will only play in the play-offs for promotion to Serie A (on May 13 Benevento will face Ascoli – editorial note) – he adds.
The leader of our defense after the game with Sweden was recovering from a muscle injurywhich he lasted until the end of the World Cup play-off and did not make a single appearance in Benevento.
– We also know what is the case with Bartek Salamon, who has not played since the national team in March. We wonder if it makes sense to rely on it, given that: he hasn’t played for almost two months – Michniewicz does not hide his doubts.
Most likely, the solution in which the 30-year-old defender, whom the selector has high hopes for, remains in Lech to make up for the training deficit will prevail. Bartosz returned to the exercises at the end of April with “Kolejorz”, but he was never placed in the match roster, let alone thought of returning to the match.
Krystian Bielik also has to complain about the lack of regular performances, who at the waist of Michniewicz is intended as a defensive midfielder, but can also close gaps in the defence.
Krystian Bielik played his last game for Derby County on April 18, when he scored 64 minutes into a 0-1 loss against Queens Park Rangers. He did not play in the next three games against Birstol, Blackpool and Cardiff. Last Saturday, On 7 May, Derby finished the season in penultimate, 23rd place in the championship, which obviously meant relegation to League One.
The Polish representative is bound by an agreement with “Barany” until the end of June 2023.
– I spoke to Bielik and he has such a problem that they have already ended the season. Before he arrives at the training camp, he has to train somewhere, after he has had a few days of rest to heal light muscle trauma – says the coach of the national team.
It appears that Krystian Bielik’s problem will be solved in the simplest possible way.
Gornik Queen, who in its history changed the names to Zagłębie and Aluminium, closes the table in the 4th league of Wielkopolska and only dreams about his heyday, when he played in the back of Ekstraklasa or played in the final of the Polish Cup (1998). Now notice that the club is taking rivals into the stadium. Kazimierz Górski’s Golden Eleven will be focused thanks to Bielik’s training there.
He moved from Derby County to the US in March Kamil Joswiak, but he only made his MLS debut in two Charlotte games in May. Can “Józiu” count on returning to the staff?
– Jóźwiak had a viral infection, which prevented him from playing several matches. I will talk to him and his sports director before we send the appointment. We’ll see – Czesław Michniewicz is not ahead
The fact that the MLS doesn’t have a break for national team performances around May and June can make it difficult to bring all members of the US national team along. For example, Charlotte FC will have games on May 30 and June 11 when they face the New York RB.
Also read: Michniewicz reveals the details of the meeting with Zalewski! It’s time for Mourinho!
On the other hand, the coach cannot afford not to check on the team members who were absent in March, and the injuries prevented both “Józ” and Karol Świderski from coming to Poland. It should be remembered that the team will be the penultimate team for the World Cup in Qatar in June.
PZPN snatched Moder from the English! Michniewicz: We fought, there was resistance from the club
The training camp for the matches of the League of Nations starts on Monday 30 May. and on Wednesday June 1, “Biało-Czerwoni” will play against Wales in Wrocław.